Focus On Sound and Deep Sleep
Each human being spend at least one-third of their lifetime for sleep. Sound and deep sleep plays the most important role for your health. Without sound and deep sleep through the night, dietary change, food supplements, medication and other health programs are in futile.
The following pathogens can cause sleep disorder such as sleep excessively, restless, difficult to sleep, light sleeper, wake up during the night and not able to go back to sleep or wake up frequently during the night to go to bathroom. Consult with Dr. Ging for your sleep disorder.
- Serotonia and melatonin deficiency because of long working hours in the office environment and lack of expersure to the sun light in the early morning or evening. Expose to the sunlight in the morning for at least 15 minutes can help the central nervous system (hypothalamus, basal ganglion) secrete serotonin which can be converted to melatonin during the night inducing sound and deep sleep. Buy a car with a sunroof so that you can get morning sunshine while driving to work.
- Lack of anaerobic Chi-Qong breathing exercise. If you feel you are highly stressful, do not do aerobic exercise, instead, do anaerobic exercise such as Yoga, Chi-Gong breathing, Tai-Ji exercise or meditation.
- Beta brain wave remains high in the evening due to high adrenal stress, anger, fear and worry. Certain drugs such as aminophylline can also stimulate the heart and Beta brain wave during the night.
- The colon problem: constipation, diarrhea, hemorrhoids, mucoid false lining in the colon stir up fungal, bacteria, viral and parasitic growth.
- Gastric disorder: excessive gassy, bloated after eating, reflux, and gastric pain..
- pH imbalance: feel hot (night sweat) or get sweaty easily due to liver or gall bladder dysfunction. Liver and gall bladder release lots of heat to the body.
- Work long and stressful hours, or not enjoy working.
- Emotional stress such as worry, fear, frustration, anger, sadness, performance orientation (trying to please), jealousy, feel rejection, guilt, shame, suppression of speech, hardness of the heart, broken heart, lack of love and more…
- Spiritual attack.
- Teeth problems such as mercury/nickel filling material, root canals abscess. Teeth are connected with at least 14 meridians (energy pathways) and automatic nervous system, and various organ functions.
- Pain (cancer pain, arthritis, fibromyalgia..) and itching causing the depression and agitation of the central nervous system.
Place primary emphasis on deep sleep and go to bed early by or before 9:30 p.m.
Deep sleep is the foundation of vital health and the best medicine for weight control, energy enhancement, source of peace and joy, blood viscosity, fatty liver, and balance of cholesterol-blood pressure- blood sugar.
Chi-Gong breathing exercise, meditation, physical exercise, diet change, nutrition, the food supplement and prescription are in futile until an adequate Non-REM (Non Rapid Eye Movement) deep sleep is achieved. In a nutshell, without a sound and deep sleep, nothing works.
To help deep sleep, it is a sound practice to soak the feet one hour before bedtime
To soak the feet, simply fill a dish pan or Foot Spa with hot water, 3 tablespoons of Epsom salt, fresh ginger root tea, vinegar, 3 drops (1/8 tsp) of lavender oil for 25 minutes at 8:30 p.m. Shortly after foot soak, go to bed. Do not watch TV or work. It is expected that you may get sweat while soaking the feet.
For those who have cold feet, you may add fresh ginger root tea or fagara (Chinese red pepper) to the hot water to make your foot-soak session more rewarding.
For those who have athlete feet/fungi toe nails, it is recommended that OzoneMate water be used to soak with Her-Show fragrant herb and hot water for 25 minutes before bedtime.
How do you know that you have enjoyed a deep sleep through the night?
Upon rising, you shall feel fully rested, recharged and renewed; you feel so good that you are able to jump out of the bed quickly and shout with exhilarating spirit, “Hallelujah! I am ready for the day.” You work jubilantly through the day until the sunset without coffee, caffeinated soda drink, green tea or sugar foods.